Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Squirrels are eating my sunflower seedlings! what do I do?!?

I planted some sunflower seeds about 10 days ago and they've sprouted and were looking great - that is until the squirrels ate the leaves and stems of EVERY SINGLE SEEDLING! What do I do?! Are my sprouts still salvageable? Please Help! :(Squirrels are eating my sunflower seedlings! what do I do?!?
No, they're not salvageable. Plant new seeds, and scatter whole cayenne peppers in that area.Squirrels are eating my sunflower seedlings! what do I do?!?
If they ate the stems they are done. They won't grow back. And good luck with those squirrels. We have them and deer. We can't grow anything without them eating it.
tie your dog close to them and make it scare it away or put a trap or a killing trap
put up a fence
a pellet gun works very well! But you got to be berry berry quietHE,heh, Your not hunting wabbits ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment