Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do cats chase squirrels?

i know this is a dumb questions





cats are preditors, do they look at squirrels as prey?


im sorry, i dont live anywhere near squirrelsDo cats chase squirrels?
Um My cats never have chased them.Do cats chase squirrels?
With Cats, anything that moves is fair game ;)
Well... not most. My cat is evil though. Kills anything she can get her cute wittle paws on. hahaha
yes they do,,, my cat caught one and let it go in the house. can I tell you how much fun it was for 3 nights trying to sleep, worrying that the squirrel was going to bite me as I slept?? after the 3rd night I found it running around in the family room and scared it back outside with a broom...
my cat does
That's not really a dumb question! We have strays and squirrels and I noticed that the strays didn't seem to do much chasing of squirrels which I found odd.





But I did see them stalking a squirrel once, so I would imagine the answer is yes if they're in the mood.





EDIT: LOL - who did I piss off that I got two TD's? *titter*
My cats kill at least 2 squirrels a week. THERE IS NOWAY TO STOP IT EITHER. we live in the country, and squirrels are abundant.
Yes im sure cats chase squirrels- they chase birds-mice, shoot anything that catches their attention-
Yep they do. They'll usually go after rodents (mice, moles, squirrels, etc.) and birds, lizards, snakes, that stuff. Stuff they can eat or just catch for fun.
cat's don't chase squirrels. they only the birds, fish, and mice.
Thats not a dumb question. Cats chase them and do think they are prey. My cat once caught a squirrel!
I know of two cats that do. One cat is ruthless and will chase the squir rel right up the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment