Saturday, July 31, 2010

Squirrels are scared of me?

squirrels come to my house for eating grains but are very scared of me what should i do so that they are not scared of me and become friendly with me???????Squirrels are scared of me?
Be patient. It takes time for them to earn your trust. I feed the squirrels also %26amp; over time I have had them finally trust me enough to actually take peanuts from my hand.Squirrels are scared of me?
Squirrels are wild animals, they are supposed to be scared of you.


It is fine to offer food for them (as long as you are dedicated to it as they will come to rely on you and of course you provide healthy foods for squirrels) but, do not try to tame them. It will cause them more harm than good.


The instinct to be afraid of humans prevents them from being attacked by predators. If you tame them then they may become brave enough to approach anyone...maybe someone not as kind as you. This happens a lot at campgrounds where people leave out food and try to feed chipmunks and squirrels. Often times, they end up eating ANY food offered by a human and sometimes that food can be fatal.


You can set up a squirrel feeder in your backyard and watch them from a distance. This is a better alternative then trying to tame them. Just enjoy them as they are...wild animals.


Good luck!
Be careful, my daughters friend was attacked by one, bit her quite badly. They are cute to watch though, I have them in my garden.
Umm... don't try to befriend squirrels. There have been cases of them becoming too people friendly and actually (I'm not kidding) attacking adults. They are wild animals. They also carry diseases which we cannot vaccinate against. My advice is too enjoy them from a safe distance and set up some squirrel feeders (Menards and Lowes sell them). This reminds me of my ex bf who loved feeding the squirrels and wore a tee shirt that said ';I have large nuts'; with a squirrel eating a big nut. He made the mistake of wearing it in a very gay area in Chicago (atleast I think it was a mistake). ANYWAYS, DON'T BE SQUIRRELY!

No comments:

Post a Comment