Saturday, July 31, 2010

Best BB Gun for killing squirrels?

Well, I live in Upstate New York, and we have a fairly annoying squirrel/chipmunk problem on our property. Now, since we don't live right next to our neighbors, the idea of a BB or pellet gun is a fairly appealing one. Now, I don't have any experience with BB guns, so I have no clue what makes one better than the next. All I really know is that I want a rifle for the distance, so my question is:





What would be the best BB gun to buy in order to kill these rodents?Best BB Gun for killing squirrels?
Daisy Powerline 880 (cal .177). They're cheap (like 70 bucks) and really powerful. I have one, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. And I've taken out my share of pest rabbits with that thing, and I can always count on a clean kill if I pump it 10 times.





* If you have enough space, I'd reccomend a .22 rifle. That will kill anything if you use it right and you could reach out and touch your rodent friend. Be careful, cuz if you hit your neighbors house, it can go through the wall and hurt or kill someone. They're small, but they can kill just like any gun. They cost about $200 for a Ruger 10/22 (the best .22 you'll find), but the ammo is really cheap, about $9 for 550 rds. They're also a lot of fun to shoot. I should also mention that a couple of years back some dipshits were taking turns shooting each other with an 880, and one of them got killed when the other one shot him in the head. Dateline NBC did a show on it, so that should show you that the pellet gun is just as lethal as a real gun if used right.Best BB Gun for killing squirrels?
There is an ad in american rifleman for gamo and I believe they have one air rfile .17 caliber that shoots 1600 fps, running about $500.00





Go to ***** Sporting goods and you should find a Gamo air rifle .17 caliber in 850 to 1000 fps range for about $199.00


just make sure you get the gamo hunting pellets, they are denser than lead, and try and not to shoot greater than 20 to 30 yards......most states consider air rifles to be treated as rifles...........
any 12ga......they hold alot of bb's...........
Get a break-barrel pellet gun, not a pump-action bb gun they break more easily. I've had about 3 different pump bb guns for about $40 each, then i decided to get this gun. It's a good deal and it will last.





http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a>
Get one of the pump pellet guns. They pack more wallop and get better distance than a standard bb gun. They shoot both bbs and pellets.
A .223 AR-15 varmint rifle works best. If you haven't been shooting your whole life your SOL when it comes to taking out the local rodent population, my guess is they can screw better than a beginer can shoot a pellet gun.
Instead of a BB gun, try a pellet rifle. They are much more powerful, flatter shooting, and have a greater range. It will also kill them quicker and not make them suffer. Try doing some research on a Crossman Quest 1000X. That is what I have and it is very powerful and I have killed chipmunks in ranges anywhere from 5 yards to 50 yards. Highly recommend it.
To humanely harvest a squirrel, you should use nothing LESS than a .22 caliber cartridge or a .410 shotgun shell. Both will dispatch the squirrel humanely. The fairly new .17 HMR is also an excellent round, but a little more expensive to shoot than the aforementioned alternatives..... Stay away from the BB guns unless you're talking about the $1000.00 dollar jobs.
The break barrel pellet guns that are rifled, and have high muzzle velocity. A high quality pointed pellet. Lots of target practice.


finally, ALWAYS be aware of whats behind your target! When you miss, your projectile is still going somewhere. Know where that will be before you shoot.
I would use a pellet gun not a BB gun...pellet guns are a lot stronger....And I would tell RICHARD and Brian M to go F U C K themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment