Friday, November 25, 2011

Training my dog to not chase squirrels?!!?

My dog walks beside me. He know.s sit, down, drop it and rollover. He just cant resist squirrels.Training my dog to not chase squirrels?!!?
What breed is he? My greyhound can't resist them either. I try not to let her off lead where they might be around, mainly because she has hurt herself while chasing.





When I let her she used to run around for a while and then come back. In safe places I couldn't see the harm in it (until she needed stitches that is) - here squirrels are considered vermin.Training my dog to not chase squirrels?!!?
First.. find or rent a 500 pound squirrel.





Seriously, you are not going to be able to do that. The squirrel's jerky movements and high pitched chittering are virtually irresistable to almost all young dogs. (As they get older they stop chasing everything). Sort of like barking at the mailman.





.
I had the same problem, except my dog was able to get them...disgusting. Then I found this website;


http://www.beginningdogtraining.com





Great articles, videos, etc.





Good Luck,


JR
  • urban decay cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment